Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reason #36: Alexander McQueen

Despite my girth, I've long wished to be able to fit myself into one of Alexander McQueen's fabulous designs. Since he appeared on the scene, he's been known for dramatic runway shows with fantastical designs, and gorgeous ready-to-wear clothing that, while still high-end, was relatively affordable compared to other designers. I'd spent many hours in Vegas staring at the window of his shop in the Wynn, longing for the colorful garments that seemed so out of reach. Today, I learned the dumbass killed himself. Hopefully I'll still be able to wear one of his dresses--the House of Versace keeps turning out stuff years after his death--but for now, I'll mourn the end of one of fashion's most creative forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment